It is important to keep up with the latest research and predictions from the leading analysts. With this in mind I have selected three contributions from Forrester.
- There is a growing expectation gap between IT and the consumer
- Key forces and challenges are driving the need to Transform IT
- The need for speed is accelerating – and IT isn’t keeping up
Matt Brown – Vice President serving CIOs
What we are witnessing is a growing expectations gap where consumer technology markets are moving so fast that IT is having a hard time keeping up.
Work is getting separated from place with more and more remote work.
Eveline Oehrlich (Hubbert) – BrightTalk webinar 31 May
+1 617-613-8803 – email@example.com – Blog: blogs.forrester.com/eveline_oehrlich
Transform Your IT Organization With Process-Based Service Management
LINK to Webinar. It is straightforward to register
My thanks to Eveline for sharing her presentation materials with me
There are three sets of forces shaping business demand
- Business Ready, Self Service Technologies are on the rise
- The number of empowered self-sufficient, tech-savvy workers is rising
- The Business Environment will be radically more complex
- An increasing IT capability gap
- Technology tribes
- Lack of control with what processes and tools they work
- Pace of change/complexity
- Only 4% said that Business and IT were fused together
These challenges require a shift to a modern IT (process based)
- A “changed” IT organization
- An effective understanding of key business services and how IT supports them
- Managing the IT supply chain as a service catalyst
- Adoption of best practice framework(s)
- Think service from the outside in. Is your service desk a service catalyst?
- Look at how you work with your Development Team – what is the communication, how could that be improved?
- Evaluate your change management process end-to-end. Is there an opportunity for improvement?
- Reboot Service Management
The stand out quote for me was – “ITIL is not a religion, don’t be a religious fan”
Sharyn Leaver – Vice President serving EA Professionals
It is easy to register to Forrsights – here is the LINK