I received an email from Danielle @ itSMF this week informing me that there is only four weeks to go until the UK Annual Conference.
There are 10 reasons listed why you should attend:
- Best practice guidance, delivered by service management experts at just the right level (Good or Leading practices not Best)
- Learning from industry leaders
- Inspirational keynotes
- Doing more with less
- New solutions to familiar problems
- Gaining hands-on experience – join one of our experiential learning or simulation workshops, essentially a “game environment” for learning
- Catching up with industry developments – Exhibition, showcasing the latest products and services from around 50 service management software, training and consultancy organisations
- Being part of an international community
- Recognising industry achievements.
- Two days, one roof
Conference package prices range from £369 to £1249 exclusive of VAT, while a one day pass to the Exhibition at only £35 plus VAT is excellent value and will enable you to meet Barclay Rae and some of his ITSMtv colleagues.
Unlike previous events, there does not seem to be an overall theme for the itSMF UK conference this year.
In August, I had a conversation with the COO of the company who are on stand E9 in the Exhibition Hall. In this meeting, we discussed the use of Telestrations as a delivery method to increase the number of eyes that are able to view their eLearning and classroom based training content. Here is an example of a Telestration:
So the choice is a simple one. To what extent do you need to attend in person or is it possible to access some of the presentation materials and vendor sales [exhibits] on the Web?
Gartner Symposium IT Xpo (Barcelona 07-10 November)
It is important to note that the Gartner Symposium IT Xpo is being held at the same time as the itSMF UK Annual Conference. The Symposium ITxpo is about Re-imagine IT : Leading from the Front and Gartner promote the conference in the following way. These two video clips were created to promote the US (Orlando, FL) conference taking place from 16-20 October. It is also possible to access the Orlando conference live blog to get a flavour of what good looks like.
Gartner also share a detailed preview of the various tracks. Here is an example of the Applications Track.
Finally Gartner make it easier to justify your attendance by providing you with a Justification Toolkit which includes a customisible letter to your manager and a trip report. They also send out a post event brief.
16th Annual International IT Service Management Conference & Exhibition – “Pink 12”
Given that you may have waited until now to book your place at the itSMF UK Annual conference why not use your budget to attend Pink 12 in Las Vegas – the 16th Annual International IT Service Management Conference & Exhibition (19-22 February 2012).
The Pink 12 conference theme is about “Knowledge Translated Into Results“, showing you how to go beyond just theory to achieve true business value and outcomes
The Last Early Bird Offer is only valid if you register and pay by October 28, 2011:
- Save over $500! on a Regular Pass: $1,995 – plus stay at the world famous Bellagio Hotel for only $99.00 a night (maximum 3 nights – February 19, 20, 21)
Pink11 opened with this thought-provoking video: is IT ready?
I’ll leave it up to you to decide which conference to attend
“should I stay or should I go” [The Clash]